[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use index for diffing in the basic whats... (and 6 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Jun 1 09:34:28 UTC 2009

This bundle comes with patches to fix most of the issues we currently have with
indexed whatsnew. Sorry to shuffle the code again, but I think we are now
getting there. More detailed reply to the review separately, later.

Eric writes:
> - boring file (Reinier, Petr: regression?)
Fixed.

> - pending renames (Petr: regression?)
Fixed.

> - Darcs.Gorsvet witnesses (Eric: blocker for application)
To be done (next bundle).

> - pending conflicts check (Petr)
Still the same (ugly but works).

> - darcs whatsnew subset (Eric, Petr [fixed by restrict?])
I believe this now works correctly for all the cases.

The patches:

Sun May 24 11:27:52 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use index for diffing in the basic whatsnew scenario.

Mon May 25 15:24:42 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Pass options to unrecordedChanges and handle LookForAdds and IgnoreTimes.

Sun May 31 23:35:36 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Fix the path restriction versus pending renames in unrecordedChanges.

Mon Jun  1 11:00:23 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Factor out a separate boring_regexps in Darcs.Repository.Prefs.

Mon Jun  1 11:00:44 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Provide a restrictBoring (like restrictSubpaths) in Darcs.Gorsvet.

Mon Jun  1 11:01:14 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Fix Tree restriction in various cases of unrecordedChanges.

Mon Jun  1 11:30:10 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Take a list of paths in unrecordedChanges instead of Tree transform.

  It doesn't seem to be such a win to have the full generality of Tree
  transformers there (and if we ever need it, we can think about how to do it
  properly). With a list of paths however, we can now filter the pending changes
  properly (and we have "pendingChanges" akin to "unrecordedChanges" that gives
  just the pending patches (for given paths).