[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use index for diffing in the basic whats... (and 6 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Jun 1 12:55:10 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> I think you could have named boring_regexps as boringRegexps if you
> wanted.
Maybe, not sure I like to mix foo_bar's with fooWibbles in one module
(especially if there's just one of the "other" kind).

> http://wiki.darcs.net/CodingStyle on case
Yeah, well.

>> hunk ./src/Darcs/Repository/Prefs.lhs 269
>> -    return $ actual_boring_file_filter $ map mkRegex (bores++gbs)
>> +    return $ map mkRegex $ bores ++ gbs
>> +
>> +boring_file_filter :: IO ([FilePath] -> [FilePath])
>> +boring_file_filter = boring_regexps >>= return . actual_boring_file_filter
>
> actual_boring_file_filter `fmap` boring_regexps ?
I guess so. ;)

> Provide a restrictBoring (like restrictSubpaths) in Darcs.Gorsvet.
>> +restrictBoring = do
>> +  boring <- boring_regexps
>> +  let boring' (AnchoredPath (Name x:_)) _ | x == BS.pack "_darcs" = False
>> +      boring' p _ = not $ any (\rx -> isJust $ matchRegex rx p') boring
>
> What about paths that include _darcs in them (subrepos?)
These won't have _darcs as the first path component.

[snip]

> This patch adds this function (factored out from unrecordedChanges) which
> returns pending patches that touch a list of files.  The filenames it accepts
> are the current unrecorded names.
It accepts "either" (pre-rename, post-rename), after a fashion. It is the set
that you would expect to show up in darcs whatsnew <file>.

Yours,
   Petr.