[darcs-users] Patch language for a database?

Maurí­cio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 17:31:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

If this doesn't make sense, please forgive my lack of technical
knowledge and just forget this message, but...

Common databases use SQL, which is supposed to be based on
(an incomplete version of, I've been told) relational algebra.

Since darcs has a well defined patch algebra, could we have
some kind of big bag of patches that could be queried using
a patch algebra based language? Instead of repositories,
we (users and providers) would have one (or many, of course)
big patch database and query it for patches, dependencies,
changesets or even complex combinatorial operations (that
providers could restrict to avoid cpu overflow). I belive
this could even simplify implementation and be faster for
some simple operations than darcs.

I don't have a good idea on how such language could be,
though...

Best,
Maurício