[darcs-users] On the Darcs 2.3 hashed-storage dependency.

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:12:52 UTC 2009

[Debian Maintainer hat on...]

Petr,

It looks like Darcs 2.3 has a hard (i.e. not optional) build dependency
on hashed-storage.  Can you confirm that this is the case?

For Darcs 2.3 to get into Debian, this means I'll need to package
hashed-storage and get it through the NEW queue, which will take some
time (probably around a week[0]).  When preparing the Debian package,
should I just use whatever version of hashed-storage is in hackage at
the time?  Or are there versions that I should particularly
prefer/avoid?

[0] not counting the current binNMU madness... :-(