[darcs-users] changes -s codes

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Jun 4 15:38:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 10:26:46 -0500, Tom Hawkins wrote:
> What does the "!" mean when it's next to an "A", "M", or other codes
> from a change summary listing?

The exclamation mark indicates a conflict.

> Are these codes documented anywhere?  I had the hardest time finding them.

They are.  You'll want to look at the 'Common options to darcs commands'
in the user's manual

I hesitate to link to the latex2html output because it seems like the
anchors are fragile, but for now:
http://www.darcs.net/manual/node7.html#SECTION00772000000000000000

This seems to be something that trips up a lot of new users of the
manual (including an earlier version of myself).  Perhaps it would be
appropriate for the documentation to point out the most useful (common)
options in each command and link to this section.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9