[darcs-users] index format

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Tue Jun 9 11:34:18 UTC 2009

Hi all,

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 12:55:04 Petr Rockai wrote:
> Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
> > Sorry to drag this out some more.  Just remember that I'm only here to
> > offer alternative suggestions if they can break us out of a loop.
>
> All I can say now is patches welcome. I refuse to spend any more time on
> this (in comparison to the size of the "undefined" subthread, the code in
> question is utterly irrelevant... can I say bikeshed now?).

This is not just about your code. If this supposed bikeshed reaches a
conclusion, that conclusion will be a rule for all code that comes in the
future. A general rule that there shall be no undefineds in darcs' source
could be a useful result. Or a rule that every fromJust should have a comment
explaining why it is really safe (perhaps haskell_policy already does that,
not sure).

Reinier