[darcs-users] darcs 2.3 freeze approaching

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Jun 11 08:17:12 UTC 2009

Hi all,

if you recall my preliminary 2.3 release schedule, there has been a variable
parameter, N, determining when we freeze. So far, I expect the N to land on
20th of June, since I'm somewhat busy now, and there are a few bits that I'd
like to land before the freeze. Unless I made some counting mistakes, here are
the relevant dates...

June 20th (N): release branch is shallow-frozen; only patches fixing important
   issues or implementing release goals will be let in
June 23rd (N+3): beta 1 is tagged and released
July 5th  (N+15): release branch is deep-frozen, release-critical fixes only
July 8th  (N+18) beta 2
July 15th (N+25): rc1
July 20th (N+30): final

I reckon that many important dates fall on weekends, so I may shift things a
little either way. I'll let you know in advance of any changes.

Yours,
   Petr.