[darcs-users] Interop with Darcs

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Jun 19 16:14:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 17:58:00 +0200, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> I think that the students aren’t interested in continuing their work on
> Patchwork, and I don’t have the time to work on Patchwork at the moment.
> Sorry! :-(

:-(

Hopefully another year!

> So the best way is probably if you darcs developers try to merge
> the DIL stuff into darcs. If you need help, please contact me, and I’ll see
> what I can do.

OK.  I've created a note on our bugtracker
  http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1483

If we move forward on the performance issues a bit, I would like us to
spend some time working on the darcs library a bit more.  This sort of
thing is the kind of direction I'd like to see some of us taking
sometime.

> In case you transfer the DIL stuff to darcs, I’d be very happy if you would
> also adapt the Patchwork code accordingly, i.e., remove the transfered stuff
> from Patchwork and change Patchwork to use the DIL stuff from darcs. Would
> this be possible? If yes, please send patches to my e-mail address.

Indeed, if we do perform the merge, it would certainly make sense for us to this
as well (as a way of testing).

This might be a good medium-sized project for anybody who wants to start
hacking on Darcs that hasn't done so before.

Regards,

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9