[darcs-users] haskell_policy and hlint

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 08:19:48 UTC 2009

Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net> writes:

> I don't think it's ever been worth it to have this readFile error at
> all. Maybe the cursing that's piling up across the codebase would
> justify fixing (or removing) haskell_policy? It's cumbersome, poorly
> written and of questionable value (especially since we require review
> anyway).

It seems to me that hlint does basically the same thing, but it has a
different set of rules: it complains about some things we don't care
about, and doesn't complain about some things we DO care about.

Rather than scrapping it, could haskell_policy be subsumed by hlint and
some Darcs-specific rules?