[darcs-users] 2.3: release branch created and frozen

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Jun 21 10:57:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

yesterday night, I have created a release branch for the 2.3 release of darcs,
which marks the start of its release cycle. In 2 days from now, I will create
first beta tarballs of darcs 2.3 -- darcs 2.2.98.1. These will only come with
the cabal build system. I am also inclined to uploading those to hackage as
"darcs-beta" for easy installation. (And I'll also ask for removal of obsolete
darcs-cabalised, to avoid proliferation of darcs garbage on hackage.)

Unfortunately, zlib 0.6.0.0 has still not released, so first darcs beta will be
without the gzip crc fixes. The alternative plan is that as soon as zlib
0.6.0.0 hits hackage, we'll make another beta off the release branch, including
Ganesh's changes (regardless of the scheduled beta, which will, hopefully, wind
as beta 3). I'll review and test what I can in the meantime.

The release branch lives, traditionally, at
http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs/branch-2.3/ -- please download and test as much
as you can. Unfortunately, I am already using darcs-hs as my production darcs
for testing purposes, so I myself cannot give much testing to 2.3.

--
Petr Ročkai | http://web.mornfall.net
A physicist is an atom's way of knowing about atoms. (George Wald)