[darcs-users] "darcs record" interactive commands

Michael Shulman shulman at mathcamp.org
Wed Jun 24 03:28:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Max Battcher<me at worldmaker.net> wrote:
>> w: wait and decide later, defaulting to no
>> s: don't record the rest of the changes to this file
>> f: record the rest of the changes to this file
>> d: record selected changes, skipping all the remaining changes
>> a: record all the remaining changes
>
> The particular keywords that stand out between 's', 'f' and 'd', 'a' are the
> words "this file" and "all". If pondering that still doesn't make things
> clear, let me know.

Thank you, that does.  It would be more obvious to me if the
descriptions of 's' and 'f' ended with something like "and go on to
the next file" and the descriptions of 'd' and 'a' ended with
something like "in all files."

I still don't understand what 'w' does.  If I select 'w' for something
in interactive record, will I get prompted for it again?

Mike