[darcs-users] darcs 2.3 beta 1

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 03:13:33 UTC 2009

Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net> writes:

> immediate availability of a first beta release of darcs 2.3.

Currently there are a bunch of warnings from GHC regarding the new
gorsvet code -- simple stuff regarding missing type definitions,
shadowing of one-letter variables, and incomplete pattern matching.  I'd
like these to be resolved before the final release, just so build
transcripts look "neater".

Petr, If I submit a patch for that in the next couple of days, will you
accept it?

Secondly, on an Debian Lenny/Sid (AMD64) system, ./Setup test fails with
the following output.  I don't know what's going on here, can someone
please assist?

    [...]
    Running filepath.sh ... Setup: user error (timeout running command
    [...]
    DIR=`pwd`
        pwd

    <no location info>:
        can't find file:
        /var/tmp/darcs-1/darcs-2.3.0~beta1/tests-darcs-2.dir/hspwd.hs
    lib: line 17:
        /var/tmp/darcs-1/darcs-2.3.0~beta1/tests-darcs-2.dir/hspwd: No such
        file or directory
    )