[darcs-users] a newbies confusion with repositories - darcs or git

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sun Mar 1 18:34:10 UTC 2009

Hey Eric,

+1. For the most part this was a great email. It probably belongs
immortalized on the darcs blog and elsewhere.

One quick comment below...

Eric Y. Kow wrote:
> Windows: darcs support for Windows used to be a bit uneven.  There were a few
> details here and there that none of us had time to get to (especially since
> none of us were using Windows).  Things have gotten quite a lot better since,
> and we now have a dedicated Windows Czar who is helping us to bring our Windows
> support completely up to speed.

As a Windows user of darcs, let it be noted that even under the regime
of "uneven Windows support" that darcs has always had (and will always
have*) better support for Windows than git. Git support for Windows is
an ugly hack and darcs has always been a native Windows application.

*] Assuming that git never sees a bottom-up rewrite, which seems
unlikely given the philosophies of git.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net