[darcs-users] darcs patch: escape latex special chars from command help text in manual (and some more...)

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Mon Mar 2 01:34:35 UTC 2009

I couldn't build the manual, which led to this rack of patches.

The problem is we try to put plain text from commands' help
output in the LaTeX source for the manual. Instead of littering
the help texts with LaTeX escapes, which is ugly because they
turns up in the output from command --help, I've reverted all
escapes from the help texts, and made preproc automatically
insert them when needed.

This is not *the* fix, because it can't handle indentation and
other layouts. I think reST is suggested, which can be
translated into both LaTeX, HTML, and plain text. But this
workaround let us go on without accidentally breaking the build
of the manual.

I made one patch per file, to nto introduce unnecessary
dependencies.

There are two other changes in there too, that fixes some minor
things that does not concern the LaTeX / plain text issue.