[darcs-users] --mark-conflicts

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 3 15:58:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:55:47 -0300, Maurí­cio wrote:
> Why can I 'pull --mark-conflicts', but not
> 'push --mark-conflicts'?

It's a user interface convention, the idea being that resolving
conflicts that you caused should be easy, but inflicting them on others
should not be.

The behaviour this implicitly encourages is to pull the conflicting
patches and to resolve any conflicts before pushing them back.

You can apply the patch bundle by hand if you /really/ want to do this,
but I don't think we will ever make it easy with a flag.

Thanks,