[darcs-users] Suggestion: Compile Setup for the Cabal build

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 3 21:08:47 UTC 2009

Hi Thorkil,

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 22:28:37 +0100, Thorkil Naur wrote:
> It turned out that resource consumption was still excessive, so I have
> unpulled the change. In this process, I had to also reinstate a change by
> kowey that added --verbose to the configure command.

I was wondering why there as an anonymous patch in the buildbot
repository. :-D

Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to unpull patches that have
already been "published" to a public repository.  It's safe in darcs
terms, but very confusing in social terms.  A better solution for this
case would be to use "darcs rollback", which generates a new patch.

Could you push back your patch (and my original patch), resolve the
conflict with your version of my patch, and then possibly rollback the
Setup patch?  If that seemed too confusing, I could try to help walk you
through it or do it myself when I have more darcs time.

Thanks!

(I was looking at the buildbot because I want too see the Windows
buildslave building again, so that we can return to the original
issue of the tests failing there...)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9