[darcs-users] Suggestion: Compile Setup for the Cabal build

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Mar 4 10:17:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 18:50:58 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> IMO if unpull wasn't meant to be used, the repo admin should have
> blocked it off by adding
>
>     obliterate disabled
>     unpull disabled

Good idea, done and likewise for other repositories on code.haskell.org!
(only you meant 'disable' and not 'disabled'... I am pleased to report
that darcs 2.2 lets you know when you've got this wrong, whereas darcs
2.0.2 is quite oblivious to it)

> PS: I consider it a UI problem how easy it is to forget to do this,
> particularly when moving branches-as-repos around on a "central" server.

Is it realistic for darcs to be able to help on this?  If so, you know
the drill :-)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9