[darcs-users] --mark-conflicts

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Mar 4 10:30:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 18:47:22 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> Yes, it can be worked around.  But sometimes this is terribly
> inconvenient and "I know better than you, Darcs".  Particularly when I
> both ends are private repos to which only I have access -- I can go into
> details regarding use cases in a follow-up post if you like.

I'd be curious to learn more about this, i.e. where it would be
inconvenient to darcs pull and resolve conflicts locally instead
of pushing to the other end.

I won't oppose the move if there is a general clamour for push
--allow-conflicts and --mark-conflicts (which would be a ProbablyEasy
bug to fix along with the darcs format flag propagation), but my
personal vote is for the status quo (plus maybe an FAQ update)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9