[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Mar 4 10:37:58 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-04, Max Battcher <me at worldmaker.net> wrote:
> Personally, I certainly believe that SSH keys and good SSH agents are
> the way to go.

I'll agree when the agents only give up the keys based on a binary
signature of the requesting program, or so.

In any case, the bigger problem is that even local pushes fail in
the current pseudo-cygwin non-deterministic windows-*nix hybrid
darcs/ghc. It also can't find config files or anything based on
the cygwin environment, etc.

(I might run an _old_ version of Linux in a virtual machine instead
of cygwin, if the virtual machines worked more reliably with host
suspend/hibernate, and didn't have power use overheads. And Linux
itself as the main OS can only be suspended/hibernated when ten
thousand sun spots are correctly aligned and you sacrifice a goat
before the act -- part of the reason for my projected switch to
Windows.)

--
Stop Gnomes and other pests! Purchase Windows today!