[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Mar 4 10:44:21 UTC 2009

Hi Tuomo,

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:37:58 +0000, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> In any case, the bigger problem is that even local pushes fail in
> the current pseudo-cygwin non-deterministic windows-*nix hybrid
> darcs/ghc.

Yes, this does sound like an issue, if not for darcs then the wrapper
batch file that calls darcs.

Darcs --debug --verbose output might be helpful here

> It also can't find config files or anything based on
> the cygwin environment, etc.

Would it be painful for you to store your darcs configuration settings
in the usual place for Windows?

  The global darcs directory is marked with environment variable
  USERPROFILE/ and typically is C:/Documents And Settings/user/Application
  Data/darcs directory. This folder contains the cache, as well as all the
  per-user settings files: preferences, boring etc... These will became
  the new defaults that can be overridden on per-repository basis.
  - http://www.darcs.net/manual/node5.html

I seem to recall that Windows has a symbolic link mechanism that works
reasonable well, does it?

Regards,