[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Mar 4 22:43:56 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-04 17:15 -0500, Max Battcher wrote:
> I've been running Ubuntu on a Dell laptop and suspend/hibernate work
> just fine. If you have the right hardware a modern Linux environment has
> no problem with suspend/hibernate.

A new laptop? Are you nuts? Glossy shallowscreens.
I'll stick to second-hand from more civilised times.

(For matte you have to pay a business laptop premium. Aspect
ratios providing suitable height for viewing documents and code
at such small laptop display sizes seem to have been completely
killed off in favour of displays more suitable for _shallow_
movie viewing experiences. Even on those business laptops.)

I have installed XUbuntu as a second OS on this, and the
suspend/hibernate is completely unreliable. I also really
love the display contents flashing before the screen lock
kicks in _after_ returning from suspend/hibernate -- when
it does return. The entire gnome-power-damager is an excellent
demonstration of CrapCode(tm), that fails even at such
a basic thing as backlight adjustment.

But getting OT and some projects' lists and channels are
OT-nazis. My project's aren't.

--
Be an early adopter! Beat the herd! Choose Windows today!