[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Mar 4 23:02:22 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-04 10:44 +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> Yes, this does sound like an issue, if not for darcs then the wrapper
> batch file that calls darcs.
>
> Darcs --debug --verbose output might be helpful here

Nothing that seems useful there, just a few notes about progress reports:

: Shall I push this patch? (1/1)  [ynWsfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: Leaving progress reports off.
: y
: Reenabling progress reports.
: Disabling progress reports...
: darcs apply --all --repodir C:/tuomov/project-archive/darcs/ion-3 --debug
: realdarcs.exe: darcs: runInteractiveProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)

> Would it be painful for you to store your darcs configuration settings
> in the usual place for Windows?

Yes, when I just want a cygwin environment for code/tex/etc.
instead of a hybrid.

> I seem to recall that Windows has a symbolic link mechanism that works
> reasonable well, does it?

It has something. (NTFS has reparse points; not sure if they're the
same as .lnk files.) For some reason Cygwin doesn't like the .lnk files,
and Windows doesn't like the symlinks Cygwin makes.

--
Tuomo