[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:56:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov at iki.fi> wrote:
> : darcs apply --all --repodir C:/tuomov/project-archive/darcs/ion-3 --debug
> : realdarcs.exe: darcs: runInteractiveProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)

That's the issue. Darcs calls itself during the push command
execution, and "darcs" in the cygwin distribution is a bash script,
not a Windows executable.

It should call realdarcs.exe, as the paths are converted already.

The bug is in RemoteApply.hs, in "apply_via_local": we always suppose
that the darcs executable is named "darcs", while we should read it
from somewhere (maybe an environment variable that zooko's script can
set).

Tuomo, there's a really simple solution to this issue (I cannot try
it, please tell us if it works):
1) Rename realdarcs.exe to darcs.exe.
2) Replace all the occurrences of "realdarcs.exe" to "darcs.exe" in
the darcs bash script.
3) Rename darcs bash script to something else and use that.

If cygwin gives priority to "darcs" instead of "darcs.exe", the last
step should not even be necessary.

Zooko, if it works you could change the cygwin script accordingly.

Salvatore