[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Thu Mar 5 08:03:41 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-05, Salvatore Insalaco <kirby81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tuomo, there's a really simple solution to this issue (I cannot try
> it, please tell us if it works):
> 1) Rename realdarcs.exe to darcs.exe.
> 2) Replace all the occurrences of "realdarcs.exe" to "darcs.exe" in
> the darcs bash script.
> 3) Rename darcs bash script to something else and use that.

Works now. V-e-r-y slowly. (Takes ages 'reading pristine'.)

One could just install the script on PATH, and either set
DARCSPACKAGEDIR in the environment or by modifying the script,
not putting darcsdir-cygwin on PATH.

--
In 1995, Linux was almost a bicycle; an alternative way of live to the
Windows petrol beasts that had to be taken to the dealer for service.