[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Thu Mar 5 08:38:53 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-05 09:15 +0100, Salvatore Insalaco wrote:
> It is a big repository? It was sensibly faster on linux? Could you
> post the result of "darcs show repo"?

http://modeemi.fi/~tuomov/repos/ion-3/

Not very big, but not tiny either. It is comparably slow on very
small repositories too.

Results of that command, if needed, have to wait later.

It was noticeably faster on my old system (Athlon XP 2500+) in Linux
(although still paused far too long to read pristine); haven't much
tested on the "new" one (Pentium M 760) in Linux. They should be
approximately as powerful.

> On first runs darcs creates his cache, so they may be slower than
> subsequent ones.

It has been reading pristine, slowly, an almost every command I've
entered.

--
Tuomo