[darcs-users] Repository as a branch

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Thu Mar 5 11:24:56 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-05, Maurí­cio <briqueabraque at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My problem is: with lot and lot of repos, how are going to remember
> what they are, or where they fit in the project history? Usually,
> when ideas take shape, they come from pieces of code scraped in
> many places, that need to be joined into a single new repo.

I usually archive throwaway ideas as patch bundles, instead
of complete repositories (darcs send -o some_feature.darcs).
Or just forget about the ideas and leave a repository lying
around in my directory of working copies/repositories. I
never put throwaway branches in my directory of "archival"
repositories, which only contains major branches, and from
which I sync to distribution server with scripts to generate
static changelogs etc.

--
Stop Gnomes and other pests! Purchase Windows today!