[darcs-users] first darcs fundraising drive!

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Mar 5 15:36:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:00:54 +0000
Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Just a quick announcement: our first fundraising drive has begun!
>
> The aim is to raise $1000 to help pay for travel to the darcs hacking
> sprint taking place in Utrecht from 17-19 April, as part of the Haskell
> Hackathon.
>
> You can donate via PayPal at http://www.darcs.net/donations.html

I have donated $10 out of personal funds, and encourage others to make a
donation too, even if it's small.

Can your business make a donation, considering darcs itself was free?
Is darcs worth $10 to you personally for the joy it brings over using
some other tool?

Many of your already give gifts of time and talent and those are appreciated
and valuable.  Consider a financial donation as another way to contribute.  If
100 users gave $10, or 50 users gave $20, the goal would be met!

    Mark