[darcs-users] do we still need libwww support?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Mar 5 19:22:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:49:29 +0000
Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What are the arguments for keeping libwww support (as opposed to
> focusing on libcurl and HTTP)?

Outsourcing the http work to libcurl allows the darcs project to focus on it's
core compotencies: distributed source control. It seems like a good course
to outsource with reasources are limited.

If there's some reason that we need control over the http libraries so we can
further modify them, than that's a reason to have keep supporting something in
Haskell.

    Mark