[darcs-users] _real_ cygwin build?

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Fri Mar 6 08:13:42 UTC 2009

trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:
>> http://modeemi.fi/~tuomov/repos/ion-3/
>
> This repo is in the legacy hashed format.  I recommend you do a test
> conversion to darcs-2 format and see if that improves matters.
Hashed and darcs-2 formats are identical, performance-wise. The only difference
is patch format. However, this repo is *not* in hashed format, so it could
benefit (or suffer) from hashed/darcs-2 conversion.

> Note that checkpoints are not useful for repositories in darcs-2 format.
And neither are they in (legacy) hashed format. Moreover, they are only useful
for --partial checkouts, which break in other ways. I'd suggest not using them
at all.

Yours,
   Petr.