[darcs-users] do we still need libwww support?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Mar 6 08:24:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 23:12:22 +0100, Petr Rockai wrote:
> Nevertheless, I'd be for cutting into the wget support as well, so it'd be left
> at either HTTP or libcurl. I don't think the wget stuff is particularly useful
> (probably less so than libwww).

+1 for what it's worth.

Right now, we're using the curl or wget command line as 'safe' fallbacks
if libcurl/HTTP/libwww are not available.  It should libcurl by default
and HTTP as the 'safe' fallback.  Wouldn't that be something: 2 rather
than 5 ways to fetch a file over HTTP?

This might take some slight reworking of the code, though.

P.S. Ian's idea for camp was to use libcurl for everything, even
     fetching files locally or over ssh.  I'd be curious to see
     what he does for ssh connection sharing, though

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9