[darcs-users] --mark-conflicts

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Mar 6 15:50:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 12:03:52 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> OK, here's a specific example.  I have a repo for the dotfiles in $HOME,
> for which the "active development" copy lives on my laptop.  My laptop
> does not run sshd, so I can push from it and pull to it, but not push to
> it nor pull from it.

Thanks!

> Also, because I am resolving the conflicts in a temp dir on my laptop
> instead of in situ, it is harder to perform testing and easier to
> introduce bugs.  For example, the host fs has bash 3.0 instead of bash
> 3.2, so several times I have broken my login scripts with bash 3.2isms.

Is there a particular reason why it makes more sense to create a
temporary directory on the laptop, rather than to just pull to the
active development directory?

I suppose you don't want to mix things up with whatever work you
have in the working directory.

Anyway there seems to be a consensus that implementing the flags
is OK for those who "know better".  It makes me nervous, but I won't
fight it...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9