[darcs-users] --mark-conflicts

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Mar 6 17:51:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 18:39:36 +0100, Florent Becker wrote:
> Would it make you less nervous if there was a possibility in
> _darcs/prefs to declare a repository conflictless? That is
> push/apply/pull --mark-conflicts into that repo would give an error
> like: "this is a clean repository, I won't apply a conflicting patch
> here. Please fix the conflict in another repo and re{pull/push/apply}."

Well, now I'd be worried about feature creep. :-D

That said, there may be something to be said about looking into a set of
sensible default behaviours (as documentation, at least) for "public"
repositories, such as not allowing obliterate/unpull

Anyway, I will accept patches to propagate --mark-conflicts and
--allow-conflicts from darcs push to darcs apply