[darcs-users] --mark-conflicts

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sat Mar 7 02:08:35 UTC 2009

Eric Kow wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 18:39:36 +0100, Florent Becker wrote:
>> Would it make you less nervous if there was a possibility in
>> _darcs/prefs to declare a repository conflictless? That is
>> push/apply/pull --mark-conflicts into that repo would give an error
>> like: "this is a clean repository, I won't apply a conflicting patch
>> here. Please fix the conflict in another repo and re{pull/push/apply}."
>
> Well, now I'd be worried about feature creep. :-D

I think marking "stable" repositories might be useful in other manners
as well.

Another tactic would simply be to use a "Are you sure you want to allow
conflicts?" prompt _in the event of conflicts_ akin to the "Are you sure
you want to revert?"; just to point out the "danger" of applying conflicts.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net