[darcs-users] Converting MoinMoin to Markdown/RST

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 02:30:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 05:31:23PM +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> Working!  "darcs changes -i" lists changes in a super happy fun way
> (but the conversion is still happening, it's a very slow process).

The slowness is due to VM stupidity which means I was getting 2MB/s
(now 12MB/s) instead of the native I/O speed of 300MB/s :-/

> Once the conversion is done, I'll work out a way to make the resulting
> repo available (at least to Gwern and Eric).

The resulting repo is 1.2GiB in size!  This sucks, because the
original Moin data directory is only 335MiB.

Eric, where should I go from here?  I don't think it's feasible to
upload such a large repo to cho.