[darcs-users] Converting MoinMoin to Markdown/RST

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sat Mar 7 18:06:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

"Trent W. Buck" <trentbuck at gmail.com> writes:
> The resulting repo is 1.2GiB in size!  This sucks, because the
> original Moin data directory is only 335MiB.
That's still an awful lot. Can we filter out the useless junk? (There's bound
to be about 330M of it). Also, how big is the working directory of the repo?
As it is, this is going to be pretty useless with darcs, which already can't
reasonably handle repos an order of magnitude smaller...

Btw. you should try optimizing the repo. I have seen post-conversion repos
shrink by a factor of 2 doing an optimize, because of all the stale hashed
files lying around.

Yours,
   Petr.