[darcs-users] Converting MoinMoin to Markdown/RST

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Mar 8 08:04:26 UTC 2009

trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:
> So my next question is: why does this particular process generate a
> *gigabyte* of unnecessary inventories, and why didn't "darcs optimize"
> clean them up?
That might be because of optimise's cautiousness to not remove files that might
be referenced by existing copies of the repo. Can you count the tags in the
repository maybe? If there are many, that could explain a lot... Although it
seems more likely that after every patch, a new file in inventories is created,
which is a little suspicious... Probably worth filing a bug report, either
way. But you are right, I have misremembered -- one needs to do a get instead
of optimise to get rid of the junk.

Anyway, it seems that the actual resulting repo is of fairly usable size (and
much smaller than those 330M of MoinMoin).

Yours,
   Petr.