[darcs-users] Converting MoinMoin to Markdown/RST

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 10:59:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:04:26AM +0100, Petr Rockai wrote:
> trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:
> > So my next question is: why does this particular process generate a
> > *gigabyte* of unnecessary inventories, and why didn't "darcs optimize"
> > clean them up?
> That might be because of optimise's cautiousness to not remove files that might
> be referenced by existing copies of the repo. Can you count the tags in the
> repository maybe?

There are no tags in the repository.  An important datapoint that
might not be clear is that there are five thousand patches, and all of
these patches were recorded in that repo -- essentially recoreded as
quickly as the disk I/O permits.

> [...] after every patch, a new file in inventories is created, which
> is a little suspicious...

$ darcs changes --count
5420
$ ls _darcs/inventories/ | wc -l