[darcs-users] DRAFT: darcs Google Summer of Code application

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:46:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:22:24 +0900, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:
> 11. Who will your mentors be? Please include Google Account information.
>
>     * Eric Kow - eric.kow
>     * Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh.sittampalam
>     * Ian Lynagh igloo earth.li
>     * Kido Takahiro - shelarcy
>
> 12. What criteria did you use to select these individuals as mentors? Please be as specific as possible.
>
>     * Eric is the darcs project maintainer and has time specifically set aside
>       in his week for working on darcs.
>     * Ganesh and Ian are very experienced Haskell programmers, and has made
>       substantial contributions to darcs and darcs theory.
>     * Kido is an active member of the wxHaskell member and would be extremely
>       helpful for any projects that involve build a darcs graphical user interface.

I think you must write Takahiro in this sentense. Because my first name is Takahiro.
Kido is a family name.

I write my name following style in Japan, FamilyName  FirstName. So, I wrote above style.
Most Japanse wrote FirstName FamilyName style, but we write FamilyName FirstName in Japan.
So, I write FamilyNam FirstName style to respect mother country style (We says above
philosophy like this - "gou ni haitte wa, gou ni shitagae"). This is a complex point to
write Japanese person's name (We sometimes discuss about what is a better style to wrtite
our name in other countrry's language).

Best Regards,

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    hotmail.co.jp>