[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1366: remove direct use of libncurses.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 10 09:01:26 UTC 2009

Hi Trent,

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 21:10:47 +1100, Trent W.Buck wrote:
> Tue Mar  3 21:04:55 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
>   * Resolve issue1366: remove direct use of libncurses.

Sorry for the big delay on this.  Overall it looks good to me.  At
least, I can't imagine what would be missing from this patch, but there
are a couple things to fix.

>   Using libncurses directly is only done if the Haskell Terminfo library
>   is not available.  Since Haskeline will soon be a required dependency,
>   and Haskeline requires Terminfo, this compile-time option disappears.

This comment could probably be updated to account for the fact that we
have Haskeline as a dependency

Resolve issue1366: remove direct use of libncurses.
> hunk ./darcs.cabal 522
>      build-depends:    terminfo == 0.3.*
>      cpp-options:      -DHAVE_TERMINFO
>
> -  if flag(curses)
> -    extra-libraries:  curses
> -    cpp-options:      -DHAVE_CURSES

There is a small conflict here with the Haskeline patch

>changepref test
> runghc Setup configure -ftype-witnesses && runghc Setup build && runghc Setup test tests network
> ghc --make Setup && ./Setup configure -ftype-witnesses && ./Setup build && ./Setup test tests network

This snuck in here, and I presume you did not mean to include it.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9