[darcs-users] how to annotate an old version in repository

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:34:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

How can I annotate an old version in repository?

Example:
I want to know what patch introduced something and why. So I do annotate
on the last version. There I'll see that the patch I see there is only a
change of formating and want to know previous patch which
modified/created the line. So I would like to know how to do annotate on
the repository file excluding the given patch and all the patches
depending on it.

I tried to use the --index (-n) option but it did not work since I could
not count the patch range easily .. not sure where is the error since I
did not feel like counting few thousands patches in the change log
manually and maybe my script did not give the right numbers when run on
the change log (output of darcs changes).

Thanks,
  Peter.