[darcs-users] buildbot and GHC warnings

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Mar 11 16:04:35 UTC 2009

Thanks Zooko,

Zooko pointed us to:

> http://buildbot.net/trac/browser/buildbot/steps/shell.py?rev=#L279

I think this patch which I just pushed should do it

Wed Mar 11 15:49:16 GMT 2009  Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
  * Expand warningPattern in build step to catch GHC warnings.
    hunk ./master.cfg 439
    +              warningPattern='.*[wW]arning[: ].*',

The original version just checks for it with a lower case 'w'

Here's the kinds of warnings we're trying to capture:

src/darcs.hs:38:0:
    Warning: Module `Control.Arrow' is imported, but nothing from it is used,
               except perhaps instances visible in `Control.Arrow'
             To suppress this warning, use: import Control.Arrow()