[darcs-users] how to annotate an old version in repository

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:12:31 UTC 2009

Eric Kow wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 17:18:26 +0100, Peter Hercek wrote:
>
>> Right, that works well, thanks. What it does is not clear from "darcs
>> help annotate" but it works :)
>>

> Could we rope you into helping us write the documentation on that?

Ok, I had some problem with installing haskeline/terminfo so I given up
building and verifying it.
The patch is attached. It is public domain. Don't hesitate to commit as
yourself to save a bit of time :)

> I think you want http://bugs.darcs.net/issue166

Yes, that would do it too. I do not recall any more how CVS annotate
output looked like but I think it was similar to git's one (commit info
at the start of each line). Since patch names can be long in darcs that
would mean to limit them. Probably first column being a space if the
line not affected by the selected patch, or + if line added by the
selected patch, or - when removed by the selected patch (as unified diff
does), then timestamp/date then lets say first 50 chars of the patch
name and then the source code. More details if needed can be retrieved
with "darcs changes".
Yeah, would be better.

Thanks,
Peter.