[darcs-users] how to annotate an old version in repository

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Mar 11 20:48:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 20:12:31 +0100, Peter Hercek wrote:
> The patch is attached. It is public domain. Don't hesitate to commit as
> yourself to save a bit of time :)

Thanks!  Would you mind generating a darcs patch with this?  It's just
darcs record, followed by darcs send.  If you don't have some sendmail
equivalent set up on your machine (I use msmtp), you could just do darcs
send -O and send the resulting patch.  It's no trouble either way, but
then this puts you in a position to make more contributions! :-D
 (you never know...)

>  annotate_help =
>   "Annotate displays which patches created or last modified a directory\n"++
>   "file or line. It can also display the contents of a particular patch\n"++
> - "in darcs format.\n"
> + "in darcs format when no FILE/DIRECTORY is specified. You can annotate\n"++
> + "a file as it existed at some (historical) time when a single patch\n"++
> + "was recorded to it by selecting the patch.\n"

Comments, Trent?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9