[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use standard library function `union` instead of custo...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Mar 12 09:35:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 20:21:34 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> > Are the preflist functions just for modifying _darcs/prefs/prefs or are
> > they for any of the _darcs/prefs files (for example,
> > _darcs/prefs/defaults)?

Here's the list of _darcs/prefs/pref files used in the darcs darcs repo:

  author       - human
  binaries     - human
  boring       - human
  defaultrepo  - darcs or human
  email        - human
  motd         - human
  prefs        - darcs (grumble)
  repos        - darcs or human
  sources      - darcs or human

I don't think darcs touches any of the exclusively human lists.  For the darcs
and darcs or human lists, I don't foresee any potential changes in order being
surprising to anybody.  Besides, union preserves the order of the original
lists anyway.  So let's go ahead and apply this patch.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9