[darcs-users] Pre-compiled binary?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Thu Mar 12 17:18:34 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem: I want to use darcs to push changes to a
server through SSH. The remote server doesn't have darcs, and the web
host will not install it for me.

The server is running RHEL. I would like to have a pre-compiled darcs
binary that includes all the libraries statically linked that I can
upload to the RHEL server.

I am not root on the server, and I do not even have gcc and make, so I
cannot compile Darcs on the server. For that matter, I can't even
compile Darcs in my local box because the configure script is asking for
Text.Regex which I have no idea how to install. So I am a very long way
from making my own static binary.

Yes, I realize that a statically linked binary will be large. But what
else can I do?

Is there a kind soul here who might get me a statically linked binary of
Darcs that will run on RHEL?

Thanks.

Daniel