[darcs-users] Removing tags

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 00:27:30 UTC 2009

Lyle Kopnicky <lists at qseep.net> writes:

> I tagged a release as 'version-1.0' and then had to make a change. I
> tagged the new version as 'version-1.0' and now I have two identical
> tags.

In general, you should avoid duplicating a tag, and also avoid "moving"
a tag by obliterating the tag and making a new one that includes extra
patches.  Either case can confuse your users (as with any use of
obliterate).  It should be OK to do it if you've never pushed the tag to
a public repo.

Normally what you would do if you found bugs in the 1.0 release would be
to make a new tag such as 1.0.1.