[darcs-users] darcs patch: drop the list_authors tool in favour of "darcs show au...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Mar 13 09:00:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 15:30:22 -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> Thu Mar 12 15:29:51 PDT 2009  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
>   * drop the list_authors tool in favour of "darcs show authors"

I would apply this, but...

drop the list_authors tool in favour of "darcs show authors"
> rmfile ./src/list_authors.hs

This rmfile patch was generated without removing the contents
of the src/list_authors.hs file.

Worse than that: it applied cleanly in my repository, with only
a warning about not being able to remove the non-empty file.

I ran a darcs check on my local copy of the unstable repository
and indeed there was a difference.

Once repaired, darcs refused to apply this patch like it should
have.

I have darcs checked my staging repo and the unstable darcs repo
<http://darcs.net> and both are consistent.

So how did we both have this inconsistency at the same time?
Sounds fishy!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9