[darcs-users] Windows build error (due to ifdef juggling?)

Duncan Coutts duncan at haskell.org
Fri Mar 13 11:34:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 09:33 +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:46:06 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> > By the way, can I recommend that your build slaves use -v for the
> > configure and build steps. In general it makes diagnosis much easier.
> > For example I could see what flags were selected, what versions of libs
> > are in use, what version of Cabal and ghc are being used etc etc.
>
> Thanks to Zooko's help, we've got the Windows build slave past the cabal
> configure step and are now back to this original problem.

The diagnosis is as before.

You've not said why you expect it to work. In that configuration
(zlib=False) it needs the zlib C library rather than the zlib Haskell
package. It then fails complaining that it cannot find -lz, ie that it
cannot find the zlib C library. Did you expect that it would be able to
find the C library? Did you install it? If so, where did you put it?
Somewhere ghc will find by default or do you need to pass
--extra-lib-dirs= at the configure step?

Duncan