[darcs-users] Ignore-this?

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Fri Mar 13 13:05:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 06:41:50 -0400
Zach Uram <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recorded a patch in my repo using "darcs record" and when you pull
> from it it says the patch name and then:   Ignore-this:
> ba5d561ad0ed935fae0aa205d6b543b7

By any chance you used darcs v2 to record the patch, but you are using
darcs v1 to pull it.

In v2 that noise gets added to any new recorded patch, and gets
ignored (that is, omitted from the output) by, to say one, "darcs
changes". The noise effectively lives *at the top* of any changelog,
and [on darcs v2] you can see that for example with "darcs changes
--xml".

> Why is it saying that and how can I prevent it from doing that? I
> never saw this happen before.

Upgrade to v2 also on the pulling side, and that's it.

hth,
ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.