[darcs-users] Ignore-this?

Ben Coburn btcoburn at silicodon.net
Sat Mar 14 00:40:13 UTC 2009

Now that's odd.... I though that if this was going to be added it
would appear in *every* patch. I tried to demonstrate this, but I
can't get darcs 2.1.2 or 2.2.0 to add this to a patch. Does this only
happen when creating a patch with the same author, name, description,
and timestamp?

I thought the intent was for darcs to add this to every patch so that
patch hashes are less likely to collide... even when pulling/pushing
patches where patch hash collisions can not be anticipated and fixed
during the record.

Under what conditions does darcs add the "Ignore-this:" item?
Documentation of supposedly internal things like this is important to
those of us who occasionally have to forge *correct* output from
"darcs send" to get things done.

Regards, Ben Coburn